There are 28 images added between 3 December 2006 and 16 March 2017
1  2  3  4  
LMV  
Initial Operational Capability (IOC): 2004
Total Production: 2,937
Unitary Cost: USD$625,000
Also Known As: Caracal, FCLV Panther, Lince, M65E19WM, MLV and Rys
Origin: Italy
Corporations: Alvis Plc and Iveco Defence Vehicles*   (*) lead contractor
Parent System: LMV
Initial Operational Capability (IOC): 2004
Total Production: 2,937
Total Cost: USD$1.5 billion
Reviews
There are no reviews so far

Description: The Light Multirole Vehicle (LMV) is a 4x4, helicopter-transportable, lightweight vehicle designed to meet the requirements of the Italian Army. It features high mobility, modularity, and lightweight armor against small-caliber arms, blast weapons and land mines.

The LMV has been selected by the Italian Army (1,000-2,000 LMVs 60 already ordered) for its LMV program and the British Army (401+400) for the FCLV (Future Command and Liaison Vehicle) program. The MLV will be the designation applied to the British LMV vehicles.

Around 70% of the FCLV contract is UK-sourced and the remaining 30% is being supplied by the Italian Industry. In addition, 70% of the Italian LMV program is Italy-sourced with the remaining 30% supplied by UK contractors. In mid 2004, Alvis Vickers selected Thales uncooled thermal imaging Driver's Vision Enhancer (DVE) to meet FCLV requirements for driver sight.

The first UK MLV, dubbed Panther, equipped with a machine gun and a target acquisition system will be delivered to the British Army in 2006 with production planned to continue until 2009. British Army's FCLVs will be fitted with BAE Systems' Remote Weapons Station which enables vehicle crews to operate protected under armor without leaving the vehicle. The MLV is planned to enter service with the British Army in 2007.

Caracal is a variant of LMV offered to meet the German Army's GFF family of command and multipurpose vehicles requirement which was unveiled in 2005.

LMV Specifications

Crew: 2
Troops: 3
Wheel Drive: 4x4
Dimensions
Height: 2 meter (79 inch)
Length: 4.80 meter (189 inch)
Width: 2 meter (79 inch)
Performance
Max Range: 600 kilometer (373 mile)
Power
Power: 190 shp (142 kW)
Speed
Top Speed: 36.2 mps (130 kph)
Weight
Max Weight: 7,000 kilogram (15,432 pound)
Payload: 2,900 kilogram (6,393 pound)
CEP: Circular Error Probable
Meters (m)   Kilometers (km)   Nautic Miles (nm)   Inch (in)   Yard (yd)   Foot (ft)   Millimeter (mm)
Pound (lb)   Kilogram (kg)   kN (KiloNewton)   Ton (t)
Meters per Second (mps)   Kilometers per Hour (kph)   Knot (kt)   Miles per Hour (mph)
Liter (l)   Galon (gl)
Year (yr)   Minutes (min)   Second (sec)
Shaft-Horse-Power (shp)

LMV News

There are 12 news between
17 Jul 2003 and 29 Sep 2015
1  2  
Tuesday, September 29, 2015Saab Unveils New Barracuda Mobile Camouflage System
Tuesday, January 24, 2012Russian Armed Forces to Buy 60 LMV Tactical Vehicles
Monday, October 26, 2009Italian Army Orders 81 HITROLE to Equip Lince Vehicles Deployed in Afghanistan
Monday, May 18, 2009Austria Purchases ERCWS-M Weapon Stations for its LMV 4x4 Armored Vehicles
Tuesday, May 12, 2009British Army Panthers Deployed in Afghanistan
Thursday, June 26, 2008BAE Systems Awarded UK MoD Support Contract for Panther Command and Liaison Vehicle
Monday, January 21, 2008Luxembourg Places Order for Protector Weapon Control Systems
Tuesday, September 11, 2007Panther Successfully Passes UK MoD Reliability Qualification Trials
Thursday, December 16, 2004UK Defence Secretary Outlines Future Structure of the British Army
Thursday, September 16, 2004The French Army Orders 314 PVPs

Operators & Related Equipment


OperatorsItems
Italy2,000
Russia362
Russian Ministry of Defense order for 60 LMV M65 vehicles assembled in Kamaz in late 2011, four vehicles were ordered in 2010 for testing purposes. As of early 2013 there is a firm order for 358 LMVs in place with the potential to order up to 1,775 LMVs by 2015.
YearHoldings
Dec 201261
20104
Slovakia10
YearHoldings
200910
Spain170
United Kingdom401
YearHoldings
2015396Panther
2014396
2013396
2012396Panther
2011396
2010386
2008350

Grand Total 2,94711
Cannons & Gear
ERCWS-Mx1
HITROLE Lightx1
Protector Litex1
Remote Weapons Stationx1
Protection Systems
AMAP-ADS
Sensor Systems
Janusx1
Copyright © 2003-2017 deagel.com website. All rights reserved.
This website has been optimized for HTML 5 and CSS 3.